Covered Bridge Festival looks toward yesteryear
Pets of the Week
Cedar Bog hosts Mellow Yellow Walk on Sept. 10
Preparing new generation for local jobs
Keeping farm workers safe
- Champaign Economic Partnership website adds tool - 9:54 pm
- Artist to give ‘Rural Farm Painting’ watercolor workshop - 9:54 pm
- Mad Men host final river cleanup of 2017 - 9:54 pm
- Village council hears about potential gas pipeline - 9:54 pm
- AARP Foundation seeks Tax-Aide volunteers - 9:54 pm
- Free community meals - 9:53 pm
- Halloween party features Harry Potter theme - 9:53 pm
- Benefit concert to aid Texas family - 9:53 pm
- Covered Bridge Festival looks toward yesteryear - 10:29 am
- North Lewisburg to close road for festival - 10:29 am
- State of the Plate dinner Oct. 8 - 10:29 am
- Improve your penmanship skills - 2:29 pm
- Pets of the Week - 8:38 pm
- Go through proper channels to help hurricane victims - 8:38 pm
- Library committees meet - 8:38 pm
- Council on Rural Services seeks board members - 8:38 pm
- Cedar Bog hosts Mellow Yellow Walk on Sept. 10 - 8:38 pm
- Preparing new generation for local jobs - 8:38 pm
- Keeping farm workers safe - 8:38 pm
- Pets of the Week - 3:59 pm
- Library policy committee to meet - 3:33 pm
- UMC offers Overtime - 10:48 am
- Family Dollar announces renovated store grand opening in Mechanicsburg - 9:52 am
- Online tickets available for Farm Science Review - 4:54 pm
- Public feedback sought on rezoning request in M’burg - 4:50 pm
North Lewisburg to close road for festival
NORTH LEWISBURG – The village council approved a road closure to allow for vendors at the Celebrate Life Festival following a request from Cardi...
State of the Plate dinner Oct. 8
Locally grown food will be on the menu and the program at the fifth annual State of the Plate local foods dinner Sunday, October 8 in the restored, hi...
Improve your penmanship skills
MECHANICSBURG - Would you like to improve your penmanship? Are you interested in learning how to write in cursive? On Sept. 26 the Mechanicsburg Publi...
Go through proper channels to help hurricane victims
Hurricane Harvey has devastated the Texas Gulf Coast. Even though the storm has weakened, heavy waters are expected to continue. During these types of...
Library committees meet
The Policy Committee of the Mechanicsburg Public Library will meet on Monday, Sept. 18, at 9 a.m. in the meeting room at the library.The library’...
Indians down Hillclimbers
Mechanicsburg defeated Urbana, 57-53, in the consolation game of the Skeeter Girls Basketball Classic on Saturday, earning third place.The Indians jum...
Harvey bolsters ONU defense
David Harvey, a Mechanicsburg graduate and a freshman at Ohio Northern University, just completed his first year of football.Playing for the jayvee sq...
Indians fall in region final
SIDNEY – Marion Local used a sharp passing game to beat Mechanicsburg, 26-15, on Friday in the Division VI, Region 24 final at Sidney Memorial S...
Stapleton signs intent
LIMA, Ohio – Elysha Stapleton was among the signees recently introduced on the campus of the University of Northwestern Ohio. Stapleton, a Mecha...
Indians roll over Greeneview
MECHANICSBURG – The Indians were all over Greeneview from the opening kickoff Friday night, racing away to a 40-7 victory in what served as the ...
Bumgardners celebrate 50th
Larry and Barbara Bumgardner of Mechanicsburg celebrated their 50th anniversary Sept. 8. They were married on that date in 1967 by the Rev. Clair Kohr...
Elliotts celebrate 60th
John and Barbara (Crabtree) Elliott of Woodstock celebrated their 60th anniversary Aug. 17. They were married on that date in 1957 by the Rev. R.E. Ko...
Owen Riley HeckerOwen Riley Hecker was born July 14, 2017, weighing 8 pounds, 5.8 ounces and measuring 21 ½ inches at Springfield Regional Medica...
Kinslee Taylor EyinkBryan and Jessica Eyink of Mechanicsburg announce the birth of a daughter, Kinslee Taylor Eyink, born at 11:23 p.m. July 5, 2017, ...
Yocoms celebrate 50th
Ross and Mary (Towler) Yocom of Cable will celebrate their 50th anniversary with a gathering of family and friends from 2 to 4 p.m. Sunday, July 23, a...
Playing and playing – and playing some more
There was nothing like summer on River Road. No more undershirts, no more shoes – just three whole months of carefree days perfect for cloud wat...
Legislation would put a stop to surprise hospital bills
Far too many Americans face out-of-control surprise medical bills, often for emergency care, despite the fact that they spend their hard-earned money ...
Managing diabetes is not always easy
Question: My husband has type 2 diabetes, and lately he has been frustrated about his blood sugar. Even though he gives himself the proper dose of ins...
M’burg football history is long and proud
Reprinted from The Telegram Oct. 3, 1957“FATHER, SON AT ODDS—SPORTSWISE”Like the Civil War which pitted brother against brother, foo...
Steel yourself: ‘Tis the season for sweet treats
Question: I don’t usually have much of a sweet tooth, but during the holidays I tend to go overboard on cookies and other baked goods at parties...
Boomer Blog: Of dungarees and record hops
Another one of those photos recently came up on Facebook - the kind that shows an item from the past, with instructions to “share” upon re...